Tuesday, June 11, 2013

City color: Matte Lipstick{thoughts & swatches}

Hi Beauties!
 PR Sample

Oh, do I have a fun post to show you. If your a matte lipstick lover, you will want to keep reading.
City Color got in touch with me about working together on getting swatches of their matte lipsticks. Being the lipstick lover that I am, I instantly said yes. Plus, I have tried one before and really liked it. I knew this would be a fun thing to do. If you don't know about City Color they are an extremely budget friendly company with tons of wonderful products. My favorites are blushes and lip products from them. Seriously some of the best I have in my makeup collection!

Description from Company site: 
Matte lipstick is every girls secret. Its' rich formula is enhanced with vitamin E, allowing for each color last longer. Comes in 16 stunning shades. With its' long-lasting stay, your lips will never feel dry and maintain the perfect tint throughout your day.

They retail for $1.99 each. There is 16 shades to choose from, so something for everyone!
Purchase:HERE


Since I am swatching on my lips I just wanted to give you all a picture of my natural. They change and sometimes are more berry toned. Just depends on the day I swear.

Also, I did 1 light layer of chapstick under these lipsticks. Helped the application on my lips.












My thoughts:
I really love these. I am not one for glitter in my lipsticks or glosses so matte and cream types are my favorites. The only issue I've had is they can be drying on me but seriously my lips dry out so easy with many types of lip products. It's always been an issue for me so I always wear a thin layer of my vaseline for lips under almost everything. It drives me crazy sometimes. Besides that, these lipsticks are great. Super pigmented, glide on easily and long lasting. They have a sweet almost candy type smell to them which I love. I also love the packaging. I think it simple yet sleek. I want to get a lipstick holder to display these with my other lipsticks soon. I think it would look great on my vanity. I recommend trying out 1 or a few. Don't judge a product by its low cost until you try my friends! 

What type of lip products do you like?
PR Sample


Total Pageviews thanks to you!