Wednesday, August 14, 2013

butter London Rock Your Colour: Cream Blush, Mascara, and Tinted Balm Review{Picture Heavy}

Hi Beauties!

How are you? I'm great, enjoying summer and getting kids ready for school. Can't believe its already that time of year!

Anyways, I received these goodies from butter London to play with. Being an admirer of the brand I was super excited. 

Here is a little about it from their website:

Just from that description it sounds fun so you can see why I was excited. 

First is: Cheeky Cream Blush
*A long lasting sheer formula designed to add a pop of colour to your cheeks completing your look.
Naughty Biscuit retails for $20.00
You can find it on the butter London site: HERE or at Ulta. 


MY THOUGHTS:
I am in LOVE with this cream blush. I find it to be very pigmented and very blend-able. You only need a little bit to go a long way. I like dotting about 3 dots on my cheeks going in a row and then blending it out with a stippling brush. I have tried doing it with just my fingers but found I like the dot and brush technique better. This is a great color for my skin tone and the nice thing is its build-able. You can go for more of a sheer look if your looking for just a low key day look or a couple layers to really make your cheeks pop and look gorgeous. Its lasted about 6 hours on me before I would need a little more due to my oily skin and having to touch up my face with powder. I think it would last longer for non oily girls. However, that won't stop me from using this. I have nothing bad to say about it and definitely want more colors.

Wink Mascara
*Intense colours for the eye formulated to be incredibly blend-able and build-able. 
Brown Sugar retails for $20.00 
You can find it on the butter London site: HERE or Ulta


MY THOUGHTS:
I don't go for brown mascaras but I actually really like this. I find it goes on darker than what the product looks like on the brush. The formula isn't wet like most mascaras when you first use them. It has that kind of sticky been getting some air feel. That feeling that you want your mascara at. The only thing I wish is that it had more volume power. I have naturally long lashes so I don't need help in that area but I would've like to see help with volume. I really love this for my bottom lashes. It separates and doesn't clump. I will use this often for those days I am doing a natural look or don't want to look to dramatic.  



Lippy Tinted Balm 
*Colours and coverage for any occasion. Our nourishing formula moisturizes and protects your lips with shea butter, and vitamin E.
Toasted Marshmallow retails for $20.00
You can find it on the butter London site: HERE or Ulta 


MY THOUGHTS:
I like the feeling of it and that it doesn't feel heavy on my lips. It also feels moisturizing. However, I can't just wear this by itself. With my skin tone, I find I don't like it by itself. Or maybe it is because I don't typically go for these type of colors so it seems a bit off to me. I don't know, what do you think? 
I wish I did because it is beautiful when swatched! I would love to try another shade soon though because I really like the product! As for lasting, I wear it with a gloss so it lasts me about 2-3 hours before I touch up again. 




I am wearing all 3 products I mentioned above. 
 


I went for a more sheer daytime look with the blush but you can still see it gives me a nice pretty pink glow. 

What do you think about butter London's new line?

 PR Sample

* Taken from butter London website

Total Pageviews thanks to you!