Saturday, January 18, 2014

New Revlon Age Defying Firming & Lifting foundation


Hi Beauties!

Oh foundation, so many of them out there. Different brands, finishes, results. You never know where to start! I am always buying foundation it seems. I love the stuff but I am on my search for that foundation that works best with my skin.
First my skin...its a mess. Acne prone and oily, mainly in the t-zone area. Its sensitive but not overly. I have acne scarring and redness as well. Plus I am getting older, I am almost 32 and my skin just isn't what it used to be. So, anything anti aging or that will help in any way with that, I am willing to try. 

So, when I spotted this in Walgreens I immediately compared and figured out which one I should take home. I have tried Revlon foundations before and really liked them, so trying this was a must.  
A little about this before I ramble on any more:(taken from site) 
This all-in-one formula combines hyaluronic acid, a potent dose of moisturizing ingredients and our exclusive Triple Lift Complex™. Relax the look of expression lines, give skin a smooth, tightened feel and boost hydration 3X. For a radiant, rejuvenated look.

You can read more:

I forgot exactly what I paid for it but it was around $15

My thoughts after the pictures


I tried to show you my face flaws, as you can see my skin is far from perfect so I need something good to cover it up.


I used the beauty blender with about 3 pumps of the foundation. 





Finished face 








I'll start by saying my preferred method when applying this foundation is with the beauty blender. I feel like it totally helped it lay nicely on my face and left no streaks whatsoever. It never got cakey, even with a 2nd or 3rd layer. 

Now, I bet your wondering...well, do you like it? Get to the point, right? 
I love it! I love the finish and that I can layer and layer to even out my skin-tone and cover my scars. It didn't cover every scar I had but that's why they made concealer, right?! It gives a nice glow, perking up my skin and is super lightweight. It wears wonderfully throughout the day. My biggest issue with foundations is them getting splotchy when my oiliness starts to come though. This doesn't! Yes, it wears off but you don't see any noticeable splotchy messes. Now if your super oily, this is supposed to be one of those hydrating foundations so this won't last forever on you but if you have the right primer and setting powder you can get a good 4-6 hour wear before touch up. For me that works just fine. I really don't expect a miracle with foundations that will let me go a full day with no touch ups. That's just in my fantasy land! As far as the lifting and firming, I can't say. I've only had this about a week so I know that won't happen right away. Even if it doesn't, I don't mind. The rest of what this foundation has done for me is enough to keep me  and my skin happy. 

 I am just totally hooked, I already want to buy a backup because I am loving it so much. 

If you have any questions about it, please ask! I tried to cover as much as I could without writing a book but I am sure I missed something.

Have you tried this yet? Do you plan too?



I Bought This

Total Pageviews thanks to you!