Thursday, February 13, 2014

City Color HD Powder

Hi Beauties!

Its one of those never ending battles, finding the perfect setting powder. So many that its hard to choose. I have oily skin so anything that can set it and make me look a little less shiny through the day is what I am looking for. 
So, when City Color sent me this HD powder, I was so excited to see how it would work for me. I am always up for trying new City Color products. They are affordable and 9 times out of 10 I fall in love with the product. 

This retails for $4.99. It is made from 100% silica powder and is preservative free.
It has a matte finish and can be used alone or to set(the way I use it).
Purchase: HERE







You can see from the pictures it is very white but don't be scared because it blends in nicely, not leaving a white cast. The last picture is right after applying it. It gives me the matte finish without any cakey appearance. It feels smooth, silky, and a little goes a long way. 
The only part of my face I don't care to use this on is my under eye area. It seems to fall in my eye lines a little more than other setting powders.
Also, it isn't travel friendly. Being it is in a sifter style container it can get a bit messy. 
This has been my go to for setting my foundation though. I really love the results and the fact that the matte isn't overwhelming like other matte powders I have tried. It lasts about 4-5 hours before I feel the need to blot or re-powder. I can't say this is my new HG setting powder but I am really happy with it and would purchase it when this jar is gone. That will take a long time though!


 PR Sample

Total Pageviews thanks to you!